Study break liao. Wahahas.
Arhem. Yarh...so I guess while everyone's busy mugging somewhere, I'm at home just relaxing till...thursday I suppose. When I start to study for F&B.
I'm not really that stressed out, neither am I worried for my exams. Why? Because exams just isn't that near enough to stress me. Ask me again next Monday after my ballet exams and I probably would tell you that I am stressed now because exams is just tomorrow and I don't think I have studied enough...blah blah blah.
But it's only Monday now. ('',)
Huh. I passed by the Jia Le Bakery, or however you called it, yesterday and they wanted a kitchen helper from 1-8pm. Well. If that offer still stands after 8 September, I might go down and take up that job for my vacation break.
Crazy right? To work now. Hehe. But I've been considering my line of work lately. You know, what you want to do after you graduate out of poly. Yes, the NTU will soon have the hospitality managment master degree out by mid of next year but what really interests me?
Tourism doesn't. No, I so am not going to sit behind the desk, surfing the internet and making phone calls to other countries to book plane tickets, hotel, cruise blah blah. Or even to sit down and plan out a holiday for a honeymoon couple to tour the whole of Western Europe in 2 weeks. i think that's pretty boring stuff. What sets the tourism industry apart from hospitality? I mean, both industries are people-oriented. I guess...
I forgot what I guessed.
Anyways... So I was considering the F&B industry. But the thing is, I have no experience in this industry and I know nothing about it. So other than hearing experiences from someone who works or used to work in the F&B industry, or reading a biography of someone who works there...why not give it a shot myself and see how it goes?
I heard the enviroment's...well...dangerous and vulgar. In a sense. But those are mental images, I need to get the actual ones to decide. I know it's only year 1 for me...but planning for the long term isn't wrong. If not, companies like Prudentials wouldn't exist.
I know I'm ranting. Allow me to confess. I'm just bored and my computer is lagging for who knows what reasons. Heh. So there. And also, well, there's no one home right now to talk to...so what can I do but to blog?